Monday, April 28, 2008

200: the anti-aging properties of tomatoes

This story reassured me today. The BBC reported the results of a study by Manchester and Newcastle Universities in the UK, which showed that eating a relatively small amount of cooked tomatoes on a regular basis may protect your skin against aging. Lycopene in tomatoes is an antioxidant, boosting levels of the procollagen that helps skin stay firm and - evidence from this recent study suggests - even providing some protection against UV rays. Good news for any parent whose children only eat pasta with tomato sauce or margarita pizza... (Photo from BBC online.)

---------

It's my 200th post today. Way more than half-way through my original year-long experiment, which has been fairly hard work but lots of fun so far... I'm interested to know what RTBH readers think I should do once the year is over though. Any ideas, please drop me a line at eazibee@gmail.com. Thanks!

No comments: